On Wednesday evening, we attended the second seminar hosted by Dr. Jennifer Pearlman at her clinic. The focus of the discussion was on the physical effects of aging on your appearance and the steps you can take to age in a graceful and healthy way.
The discussion highlighted how the aging process affects us physically over time and how hormonal shifts in our body such as menopause, can dramatically affect our appearance. The key takeaway was that it’s incredibly important to take care of your health, since it directly translates to your appearance.
- Easy tips for skin care that we took home were:
- The importance of drinking lots of water and eating plenty of colourful vegetables with high levels of antioxidants.
- Always protect your skin from the sun throughout the entire year, not just the summer months!.
- Manage your daily stress levels.
- Quit smoking. Smoking can age your skin prematurely by up to 10 years, which means if you’re in your fifties there’s a good chance you’ll be looking closer to your sixties!
After Dr.Pearlman’s presentation, many of the attendees shared their own personal stories and anecdotes, some funny and some serious, on how they began to noticed the physical changes in their appearance as they aged. They shared what beauty solutions they had all tried in the past and what was working for them now. It was enlightening to hear from women of all ages in different stages of their lives, comment on their own personal experience with aging, and how they all found their own way to age gracefully.